Share your personal & business card information as a QR code with QR Card.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and the Apple Watch. Requires iOS 9.3 or higher.
Pick an entry from your address book or fill out your own data and QR Card creates a personal and a business QR code. QR codes are device independent and can be read from most mobile devices and smartphones. There is no easier way to share your contact information!
For easy access, try using Siri with “show my qr code” to immediately show your business card QR code.
Both QR codes can also be displayed on the Apple Watch. (requires watchOS 3 or higher)
FAQ / Help
The smaller the code, the better!
Try to limit the contact entry to as little data as possible. The smaller the QR code, the easier to read/scan, especially on the Apple Watch!
Special characters / umlauts are not properly displayed
The app uses the vCard specification to encode the contact data. vCards use Unicode formatting to encode all special characters, including umlauts. Some QR-Code scanners do not properly support Unicode characters and might display unknown characters instead. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed within the code – instead try a different QR-Code scanner.
What are the limits for the content?
A QR code can hold up to 3000 characters/bytes – however, such a code would be really big, and not practical at all. The app limits codes to 2000 characters. Some asian character sets do require up to 4 bytes to display one characters, so in those cases the limit is 500 characters.
Using myQRvCard on the Apple Watch
QR codes on the Apple Watch are automatically synched from the iPhone. If you just see the message “Set Data in iPhone app first” instead of a QR code, edit a small bit of information and try again. Updates to the code on the watch are always initiated from the iPhone, when the data of the code changes.
If you have a lot of data in your contact, the code might be to big to properly work on the watch due to the limited display space available. In that case, try to limit the size of your content!
V1.7.3 – October 29, 2019
- Fixed crash when sharing code to Photos
V1.7.2 – September 26, 2019
- Support for iOS 13, including dark mode
- Dropped support for iOS 9
V1.7.1 – October 5, 2018
- Improved support for new devices and iOS 12
V1.7 – June 7, 2018
- improved address book access
- replaced ad banner
- removed support for watchOS 2 – this update requires watchOS 3 or higher
V1.6 – November 1, 2017
- Siri integration – use “show my qr code” to display your QR card directly from Siri. Define in settings whether it should pick the work or home card.
V1.5 – October 16, 2017
- Improved support for iOS 11 and watchOS 4. Removed Glance for watchOS 1/2
- Minor bug fixes
V1.4 – November 4, 2016
- Improved support for iOS 10 and watchOS 3. Dropped support for iOS 8.
- Switched to admob ad network
V1.3 – May 20, 2016
- Removed iAd banner
- Minor bug fixes
V1.2 – Jan 12, 2016
- 3D touch for quick access to either QR code
- Support for split view on iPad
V1.1 – Nov 23, 2015
- Support for watchOS 2.0
V1.0 – Sep 22, 2015
- Initial Release