Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations.
You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO code, or based on your current location. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
New to AeroWeather or unsure about what settings exactly do?
>> Check the Quick Start/Help Page.
- universal app (iPhone & iPad)
- displays raw and decoded METAR/TAF data (overview list and detail view)
- quick switching between raw and decoded METAR/TAF in station detail view (may be helpful for student pilots)
- search stations from built-in database or find nearest stations based on your location (location based station searching may not work on iPod touch)
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, twilight, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station’s local time
- data sharing to Facebook and Twitter
- format and units can be set individually (supports US and metric units)
- caches last loaded data (useful when network is not available)
- based on NWS (US National Weather Service) data-source
- built-in links to airport data and chart (provided by iFlightPlanner)
- all loaded data is cached for offline access
available in Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, German, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, and Swedish
Frequently Asked Questions
Data loading fails when using 3G/4G connection (WiFi ok).
Usually mobile data setting for AeroWeather is not enabled. In the device’s settings go to “Mobile Data” and scroll down until you see AeroWeather.
The app crashes at startup or quits right after startup.
Go to iPhone/iPad Settings and choose “AeroWeather”, and switch on “Recover App”. Next, kill the app thru task bar (double-click home button and swipe the AeroWeather view to the top) and start it again.
The wind direction arrow points in the wrong direction.
You can set the wind direction arrow to “from” or “to” in the option menu “Format”.
How do I change temperature to Fahrenheit?
Tap on the “i” icon to go to the format and unit settings. Switch off “Original station units” and set unit for temperature below accordingly.
Temperatures in METAR/TAF are always in Celsius. So if “Original station units” is on, it’ll always display in Celsius.
A station displays always just “data not available” only.
A few stations do not (or just during daytime) report data or US NOAA does not provide them. Please find another airport station nearby.
The airport/station is not shown when clicking on maps
Some coordinates may not be accurate anymore. Just mail me the ICAO codes and I’ll have them fixed.
The application crashes!
This can happen when the METAR/TAF of a station is really malformatted (which unfortunately does happen). If possible, mail me the METAR/TAF or at least the ICAO codes/stations names so I can enhance the parsing process (you may check the raw data directly from http://adds.aviationweather.noaa.gov/metars/).
Chinese by 邵大海
Danish by Jacob Olsen
Dutch by Marcel Lindenbergh
Finnish by Matti Karjalainen
French by Patrick Scheidegger
Italian by PJ Lansbergen a.k.a. Gran Maestro
Japanese by 寺島千晶
Norwegian by Leif Eirik Skaue
Polish by Marcin Leszczuk
Portuguese (Brazilian) by Vinicius Ayres de Araujo (Comanche – 183.599) based on version by Marcello Marques Loriato (LTO)
Spanish by Alejandro Radina
Swedish by Bengt Bergholm
AeroWeather uses weather data from freely available US NOAA and FAA services, which cannot be guaranteed.