AeroAltitude calculates pressure altitude (PA) and density altitude (DA) either from user data inputs or automatically by using built-in GPS, built-in barometer*, and METAR** of airports.
Available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Requires iOS 8.2 or higher.
There are three simple views/modes to page through by swiping horizontally.
- GPS/Manual: let the GPS and barometer get current altitude and QNH, and just enter temperature to get PA/DA. This might be useful for en-route. Or alternatively enter all three parameters manually to calculate PA/DA for any position. This mode uses a simplified calculation without dew point.
- Single airport: select an airport from the built-in database and get its altitude calculations as well as METAR data.
- Airport list: add all your favorite airports into a list and get their current PA/DA calculations nicely listed.
A warning symbol is displayed when a DA is at higher than 20% of the airport’s altitude.
The app also comes with a widget that shows PA/DA of the closest 5 airports of your current position.
Overview of features
- PA/DA/QNH calculation for current position using GPS and barometer*
- PA/DA calculation based on user inputs for altitude, QNH, and temperature
- PA/DA calculation of any airports from the built-in airport database (incl. METAR display)**
- User definable list of airports showing PA/DA calculation**
- Today widget with PA/DA for five close-by airports**
- Sharing data via mail, message, etc.
- All units are customizable
* Built-in barometer is available in iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
** Internet connection required
AeroAltitude uses the free available Aviation Digital Data Service from US NOAA to get METAR data.
AeroAltitude Version History
V1.0 – 10-Jan-2015
- Initial Release