A simple and clean AeroWeather version for your Mac. Shows METAR and TAF in the well known AeroWeather layout from iPhone and iPad. Quickly access your favorite airport weather on your Mac.
Requires macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher. Apdated to macOS Sierra.
- Menu bar application for fast access (Menulet)
- Today Widget (shows airport which is marked as favorite)
- Customizable menu bar (airport identifier with either flightrule, temperature, or wind)
- Sortable list (by user-defined, name, ICAO, IATA, country) of airports in well known AeroWeather layout (with raw or decoded METAR))
- Detail view with METAR, TAF (raw or decoded), and station information
- Customizable formats and units
- Sharing of METAR/TAF via E-Mail (raw and decoded), Twitter, Facebook, Messages etc.
- Available in Chinese (Simplified), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Swedish
Frequently Asked Questions
> How to add stations?
Click on the + button (top left). Select one or many station(s) in the airport browser and drag them in the station list (upper part of the window).
> How to remove stations from the list?
Select one or multiple stations and click on the – button (top left).
> The menu bar doesn’t show any weather data.
Make sure you have set a station as favorite by clicking on the “star” button (right above the detail view on the left side) and that in settings the appropriate menu bar style is selected.
> How set/change the station in the today widget?
Set a favorite station as described above (star button). Currently only one station can be shown in the today widget. The widget uses the same airport as is shown in the menu bar. The today widget runs independently of the AeroWeather app. The app does not have to be open in order to use the widget.
> Why are not all features from AeroWeather on iOS implemented?
Due to the nature of the app (menu bar app) space is limited. However, more features will be add in future updates.
> How often are METAR/TAF updated?
Data is updated every ten minutes. You can manually update in between with the “Update Now” in settings (bottom right button) at any time.
> Can I transfer my stations from the iOS version of AeroWeather?
No, this is not possible. You have to enter the stations again.
Chinese by 邵大海
Danish by Jacob Olsen
Dutch by Marcel Lindenbergh
Finnish by Matti Karjalainen
French by Patrick Scheidegger
Italian by PJ Lansbergen a.k.a. Gran Maestro
Japanese by 寺島千晶
Norwegian by Leif Eirik Skaue
Polish by Marcin Leszczuk
Portuguese (Brazilian) by Vinicius Ayres de Araujo (Comanche – 183.599) based on version by Marcello Marques Loriato (LTO)
Spanish by Alejandro Radina
Swedish by Bengt Bergholm